Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Asian Inspiration

(Picture heavy post - I'm warning you now) I promise there's a good reason for my intermittent posting: I'm in Indonesia. My job gave me 3 days' notice ot pack it up and head out for a work trip, so after more than 36 hours of travel, I'm finally here and catching up on my jetlag. For the record, 36 hours of travel sucks. It sucks balls, actually. So while I was waiting for 5 hours in the Singapore airport, I stumbled upon a Singapore wedding magazine. Did I buy it? Hell yes! What kind of question is that?

Things I learned from said magazine: They have some really cool, bold fashion styles. There's a few types of ceremonies, some of which may or may not include themes. (Can you say AWESOME?) Singapore weddings tend to be much more colorful than ours. I'm sure I'll post evenutally on these, but today's post is dedicated to the wedding dresses.


The textures and designs of the dresses really caught my eye. I could never pull most of them off, but there's some cool inspiration. I decided to look up some of the bridal salons that caught my eye to explore online. Textures abound! For real. Look at these:

(Silhouette)

(Le Grand Wedding)

(Le Grand)

Here are some that I thought to be particularly pretty:

(Le Grand)

(Silhouette)
(Silhouette)
(Le Grand)
(Silhouette)
(Le Grand Wedding)

And of course, some that were too much for me. I think the top of this one one looks angry, like a venus fly trap:

(Silhouette)
I've already picked out my dress (thanks, hive!), but if I could design one - I would definitely have tried to incorporate some of these for inspiration (not anger-top dress though). Oh, how I wanted to leave the airport and just try some on for fun!

Did you have any dress design inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment