Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Proposal, Part 2: The Outtakes

In my post gushing over how romantic the proposal was, I may have left out a few behind-the-scene details. Just for fun, I thought I'd add them in.

Snippet #1. I got home after work and found out that none of our camping gear had been packed, despite the fact that Mr. Tango got home about an hour before. I chastized him pretty strongly for making me do all the work and slacking like none other. He took it like a man.

Fun Fact: He didn't pack because he was calling my mom and dad to ask for their blessing. Yup, I'm the jackass. He had met my family plenty before (having gone on 2 family vacations - see below) and knew my dad would appreciate this. He did, however, know to ask for my dad's blessing; not his permission.

(Family Vacation on Ocracoke Island)

(Mr. Tango and my little sister, and joint MOH)
Snippet #2: My mom thought he was taking me to Iceland to propose. She was very confused, but went with it.

Fun Fact: Mr. Tango's English was not-too-hot at this point in time. He said he was taking me to a special island. Island is written with a silent 'S'. He did not know it was silent. :) Side note - my mom is horrible at keeping secrets and almost gave it away to my little sister, who probably would have posted something on Facebook.

Snippet #3: The proposal was a Plan C spur-of-the-moment invention, not Plan A.

Fun Fact: Mr. Tango planned the proposal quite differently. We were going to go on a daytrip to a particular island with only one palm tree in the middle and no people. We waited for hours for the boat to take us there, and found out it left without us. Awesome. He then planned to propose the next night as sunset, but lots of overcast clouds ruined that one. So he improvised with the whole coconut thing the next night. I think that was the best possible way and am quite pleased Plans A and B fell through.

(Waiting for the boat - a.k.a Plan A)
So there you have it: lots of craziness behind the scenes for a wonderful moment. It kinda makes me that much less worried about wedding stuff. If everything was so perfect (to someone who wasn't aware of the outtakes), I'm sure it will be the same for our wedding guests - right?

Have you had any crazy things that have made your wedding (and planning) memorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment