Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Being Mean

I don't like being mean - unless it's to my sister :) So the whole 'you have to assert yourself to get your dream wedding' thing has not been my cup of tea. I blame much of my procrastinating on not wanting to be mean, but every once in a while you have to bite the bullet.

(Source)
Here's the deal: A group of 15 or so college friends decided to rent a house together. They finally added me to their email planning list.... and what do I find? Almost all of them are planning on bringing a +1! One even added another sort-of friend (who wasn't invited) to the list! Aaaah! This is my group of single friends - not one of whom have a +1 according to my list. And the invites aren't even out yet!!!

(Sorry for all those exclamation points in 1 paragraph. There's a lot of emotion in there.)

And thus blossomed my first 'being mean' wedding-related experience. I wrote the group an email, trying to be light-hearted, emphasizing my status as a poor bride-to-be. I think it worked for the most part, but 3 people have written back begging - crazy. I know I'm not an expert on wedding etiquette, but oh my goodness!

Lesson learned: clarify from the beginning to avoid being mean later. My RSVPs on the invites will definitely specify the number invited!

Have you had to 'be mean' during the process of your wedding? Does everyone have crazy RSVP stories?!

No comments:

Post a Comment