Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun, games, and... costumes?

One of my favorite Panamanian wedding customs is this:
(Source)

Most weddings have random costume-like elements lying around for when the reception really gets going. It makes for some great pictures (I think, especially after looking at our photographer's portfolio); and can really get the party moving. Also a plus - the props can be used in my DIY-photobooth... which I swear I will make before the wedding.

I was talking to Mr. Tango about wedding stuff last night, and he mentioned that his mom is not particularly fond of having these props at weddings. She didn't say anything explicitly to him about not having them at our wedding, but said something to the effect of "I don't know why people have those". I got kind of bummed out when he said that, so my next question was: "Soooooo, what do you think about it?". He didn't have strong feelings either way, but said he likes them.

Thus, our first go-ahead of many that the families may not be particularly fond of. But, hey, it is our wedding. So much of wedding planning, at least for me, has been making sure everyone will be happy and having a good time. The crossword puzzles, kids' books, bathroom baskets, favors, etc... all have a large element of ensuring our guests' enjoyment. I do think this will make many of our guests happy, but it will also make US happy - and sometimes, that's good enough :)

What about you? Have you included any elements that those close to you are not fans of? Or have you not included things for that very reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment