Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Non-Naked Bridesmaids

I've received confirmation: my bridesmaids do not want to be naked for the wedding. Darn. That means I have to get on the ball and find dresses for them.

As you may remember, my grand plan was to pick out a fabric and have each girl pick out a dress they wanted made. I had someone on Etsy who would sew the dresses and that way each girl would get the dress of their dreams. 10 dresses, all different, all what they wanted. Easy peasy, right? Not so much.

I couldn't find affordable fabric in the color I wanted and a decent material. Since we're now about the 6-month mark, I think I'm going to have to move forward with the alternative: Dessy dresses.

(Source)


The body shapes of my BMs range from 0 to 16. That's a big range, so I knew from the beginning one dress for everyone was not going to cut it. I've been told Dessy's 'Concord' color is right about what I'm looking for. I've also been told http://www.netbride.com/ is able to order them cheaply and reliably. They have lots of styles that the girls can choose from to flatter their body types and hopefully wear afterwards (a girl can hope!). It's a decent alternative, but not the dream.

Have you had to give up on certain aspects of your wedding? How did you decide on your BM dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment