Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Cake inspiration!

I've recently stumbled on my newest addiction beyond the Bee and the usual blogs - event planners' websites. Take a look, for example at these pictures from what I have deemed as my dream wedding (besides my own, of course). It's modern, elegant, and yet personal.


All pictures are from here

Even better? Look at this cake that the groom designed:

It has given me decoration inspiration in and of itself! As you know by now, Mr. Tango and I like food. A LOT. It was one of the most important elements of our wedding. What you may not know, however, is what a sweet tooth I have. I blame it on my parents not giving us junk food as kids. Because of this, everyone has assumed the cake would be a crucial component for us. Well - guess what? It's not!

You see, our venue gives us a free cake. It can be chocolate or vanilla, and with brown or white frosting. That's it. We said we'd go with white, and here's the picture they sent us:
(Personal Picture)

Yeah - pretty boring, right? We have lots of desserts in our menu, so we assumed that would be more important. And we also couldn't justify spending money on another cake when we had a free one. Thus, we decided to just, well, not care. But now I at least have a bit of hope. Look how simple and elegant and awesome the other cake is. If we can convince them to make a square cake instead, we could add some simple flowers (and branches?) and go with it. Right? I'm still not willing to put in too much effort to this!

Has there been any aspect of your wedding you haven't cared about as much as others thought you would? Where did your cake inspiration come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment