Title

Fighting immigration issues, battling bridesmaids, and planning the wedding of my (our) dreams!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meet and greet for guests

After reading lots of "Things I've Hated in Past Weddings" posts, I know many people don't like games at reception tables. That said, we have people coming from all over the world and I really do want them to get to know each other a bit. My compromise:

(Snapshot of one I'm trying to design)




Crossword puzzles with little bits of information about Mr. Tango and I. There will be one at each place setting, and guests can choose to try to figure it out on their own, or ask around for answers they don't know. After some quick Google searches, I found armoredpenguin.com which let me add questions, mess around with the format, and generated crosswords for free! Amazing! (P.S. - I also used this site for the 'Word Search' generation in the kids' activity booklets).









(Source)
My style inspiration actually came from this picture:

I'm going to do it cheaply, as it's a totally unneccesary project - likely with backing paper from Target or something one step up from construction paper, printed on regular white letterstock, and tied with twine. I'm hoping it will also add some color to our all-white linens (free, with the venue).

Thoughts? Are you doing anything to get your guests talking to one another?

No comments:

Post a Comment